Saturday, February 16, 2008

Karma, episode 1

First and foremost, let me apologize for not updating this blog as much as I would like, darlings. Since I've been relocated to another office, the workload has doubled, putting a dent to my social life as well as to my newly-discovered blog life. I even went to bed early these days, darlings! You won't be seeing me up and around after 11 p.m. (Shay even called me a bore yesterday as I keep declining her invite to go for movies or dinner! Sorry, babe.) Doesn't matter, I think. I'm at the height of my career. At least, I think so.

I've been promising for that Male A's kenduri kahwin for so long. And finally I got to sit in front of my reliable Macbook with a cup of piping hot Nescafe and relax a bit as I wander from blog to blog. I missed out on most of the action, unfortunately.

Okay. So, back to the real deal. It happened quiet a while ago, so I hope it's not as stale as I thought it is. On the 22nd of December, Shay, some friends and I was at The Curve for our monthly shopping trip (yes, we do have our monthly shopping trip, dearies!). There were five of us that day, having fun as always when I was suddenly stopped dead at my track. Not a few meters away, a man and a woman were standing, talking and laughing with their hands linking to each other. Shay said it all with her "Oh my God!".

Shay: Just say the word, girl, and he is history
Jane: Is that him? That jerk?
Shay: Damn right
Hana: Eh, tunang dia ke tu? Or his wife?
Me: They are getting married next week
Jane: You are right, Shay. Come on, girl, just say it and we'll make him pay BIG time
Balqis: Gile ke? We are in public place. Lets drag him to the parking zone first la. Then we can bantai cukup-cukup
Me: Do you guys believe in karma?
All: Huh?
Hana: As in Alicia Keys punye lagu ke? (Hana is a bit of jokester in our circle)
Me: Well, not mine anyway. His karma
Shay: She has something up her mind now (telling everyone else)
Balqis: You want back-up ka? I can call my sisters sekarang (Balqis have 6 sisters, younger and older than she is)
Me: I think this is the battle of me, myself and I
Jane: Knock him dead, sister! Literally
Shay: Are you sure about this?
Me: Just watch me

And I walked over to the couple with purpose and confidence that never waver as I got closer to them.

Me: Excuse me

Both of them turned to look at me simultaneously.

Male A: You?
K: Siti?

Then they looked at each other in puzzlement.

Both: You know her?

Believe me, darlings, it was actually weird to be standing there looking at these people. It was like being in a drama without a director nor crews. Well, I've got to act fast before that little chicken in me got to me.

Me: Hi, K. Hello, A
Male A: Uh, hi
K: Siti! Omigod, lame tak jumpa you! How are you? How do you know? Since when you know each other?

I could tell at that moment there is nothing more Male A would like to do rather than drag K along and run as fast as he can far far away from me. I believe K was thinking along the same line, too but curiosity got the best of her.

Me: The bra wasn't hers, am I right?

I could not believe it, darlings. Did I just say that out loud? Dear me, I wasn't thinking at all! What if Male A fainted right there and then? His face was as white as that fabulous white cashmere sweater Jane bought an hour ago. Hah! Like I care.

K: What!?
Male A: I think this is not the time and place to talk about it. I thought we are over it!
Me: Oh, I'm so over it, darling. Just want to check with K. Hey, K, I don't know your bra size but I think that bra I found in his car wasn't yours. If it is, I'm sorry, I lit fire to it
K: What!?
Male A: That is really unnecessary, Siti. You know we are getting married soon
Me: Oh, yes. Congratulations on that. Nice ring, by the way, K. It was a tad too big for me, hope it fits you like a dream
K: What!?

Poor K. Did I go too far? But, I wasn't done yet.

Me: K, I hope you've thought well of marrying this guy. And you, A, never have I regret anything as much as I regret having you in my life at all.

I took out my calling card and hand it over to K who surprisingly appeared calm after a few moment of blankness and surprise. I really thought she was going to hyperventilate, dearies. Thankfully, she did not.

Me: If you ever need to ask me anything about this guy you are marrying, just give me a call. Good day, darlings. Ciao!

And I walked away with my head held high. I even managed a wink to Male A who was rather enraged by that moment. Must be hating me more than anything else in the world. Well, the feeling is mutual.

Me: Lets go get something to eat, girls. This one is on me
All: You go, girl!

Never have I feel so good, darlings. It may be low, it may be unnecessary (as Male A said), but I had the final word. As we girls sashayed hand in hand, I never even turned back for a little sneak peek. I never even cared if they are fighting. All I know is this, revenge is indeed sweet.

4 comments:

FairyGodmother said...

*standing applause*

"revenge is a dish best served cold"


i like you.

beezee~bee said...

u did wot????? u go girl!! ;p

CityGirl said...

fairygodmother my dear, I like you too! And indeed, revenge is a dish best served cold.

mirror~me darling, yes, I did it. And I won't regret it, I promise you that.

SayangMommy said...

I have to agree with fairgodmother, revenge is best serve cold, chilled, frozen!

Hihihihihi!