Tuesday, December 04, 2007

"Diet is Die with a T"

Charming really, Garfield, as you are a lasagna-addict. Besides, you have nine lives so you are entirely entitled to that phrase. While we mere mortals have to struggle to keep our diet healthy to prolong our lives. And of course, to be the belle of society. Tsk-tsk.

You see, darlings, a friend fainted on me two days ago and I was mildly surprised. Mildly, dearies. Because she is so thin I fear the wind will blow her away (and I, being a good friend always try to shield her from the wind by asking her to walk behind me) and there was no big surprise when she fainted. What's more, I saw her chewing on carrot sticks only for lunch (minus the dips, of course!) and for breakfast, she had a non-fat plain yogurt (yucks!). I may not have the figure of a Gisele but I definitely won't sacrifice all that ultra delicious food we have here in our country. Besides, I have the Malaysian lifestyle to keep up to. No way, darlings, there is no way I would give up roti canai, nasi lemak, nasi ayam, rendang, chicken curry ... Ok, that's enough (my stomach is growling already) . The point is, I won't give up all that for a killer body.

In the long run, however, I have to be cautious. While my heart remains young, my body will have to abide by the rule of nature. But to give up all that heavenly treat completely? Not going to happen, buddy! You could never turn me into Bugs Bunny no matter what. I promise I won't turn into Garfield, either. What I will do, however, is to MODERATE. Yes, darlings, whatever you eat, do it in moderation.

You want that Cadbury Hazelnut? Go right ahead, but keep it limited to a piece or maybe two. Savour the sweet taste slowly, not gobble it all up just in an instant. Savour it, darlings, savour. Roti canai? No problem. One is more than enough for us girls. Better yet, walk to and back from the stall. The easiest way to burn that extra calories. Moderation, honey, moderation. And savour your food, chew slowly. Let the taste of the food explode in your mouth, harmonize it with your saliva. That way, you'll get full quickly. Am not kidding here, missy! Just give it a try.

If you are the type that got hungry easily, just like me, be sure to have snacks in hand all the time. And by snacks I do not mean Pringles or Snickers, dearies. I mean raw, unsalted nuts like almonds, cashewnuts or dried fruits or granola bars. Snack on every two or three hours. That will keep your hunger at bay, and will certainly keep you from wolfing down all that food in just one go. I always keep a little box or two of raisins in my handbag. They are full of fibre and they certainly keep my craving for sugar down.

Now, now. Maybe it is not my place to give you all these advice and tips, but as a girl living in the big city where appearance is what counts first, I could understand what you darlings are going through. I've been there, dearies. It was never pretty and definitely not good for your self esteem. Just remember not to starve yourself or you'll end up just like my friend. Besides, if you starve yourself, you'll just feel more hungry and tend to eat more.

Remember, if you don't take care of yourself, no one will. You have families and friends, but in the end, it is all up to you, darlings. Please do love yourself always.

Until the next post, dearies.

Ta-ta!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hai....it is nice feeling to be the first to break the virginity of this comment box....:P

thanks for visiting....my 'blue sky' and for linking too...

and not too late to welcome you to the blog-world.

have lots of fun...life is short!

idham

CityGirl said...

Hi there pakpayne!
Thank you for taking your time to visit my blog. Such an honor to have you here. Thanks for the welcome as well. You have a really interesting blog there. Keep it up and alive!

Mrs. Alexis said...

Big city gal, a hello from me :)
ur blog will be my daily bf after the "blue sky"

CityGirl said...

Hello to you too girl interrupted. Thanks a zillion for dropping by and for making my blog your daily bf. Hope you are enjoying it as much as I do!

FairyGodmother said...

babe,

you are so gonna be part of my daily read!

c u in mine!

CityGirl said...

fairygodmother, thank you! Hope you enjoy it!