Saturday, December 08, 2007

Say what!?


Yesterday as The Boss walked into the office, he announced to his secretary that his brother is dropping by a little before afternoon. I swore I saw the little lady made a face but she quickly covered it up with a huge smile and said OK. Then, the little lady told other ladies about the very little news and all the ladies formed a circle of some sort and started whispering among them. How odd! I know The Boss' brother is kinda handsome and hunky. But the way the ladies were whispering among each other, you would thought that The Brother is some kind of an ogre. Weird, really, darlings. They should be excited and start pulling their make-up kits to doll up their face just like when a friend of The Boss from Milan stopped by not so long ago (he was simply gorgeous, dahlings! He exuded testosterones and male domination to the perfection).

11 a.m, The Brother appeared with a friend in a tow. The Brother looked like he just came out of the pages in a fashion magazine with his dark purple t-shirt which fitted him just nice, showing off his toned muscles (excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin), jeans that also fitted him like a second skin and a Ray Ban perched on top his head full of dark hair. He smiled politely to all the staff as he entered The Boss' office with his friend who looked just like Brad Pitt going bald (not a pretty sight, dearies). Then, the circle formed again and the whispering continued.

Me : hey shay
Shay : yo. what's up babe?
Me : something weird is going on up here
Shay : isn't that the case every time?

Shay works in the account department, 2 level down from my office.

Me : the boss' very handsome brother is here
Shay : omg!
Me : i know (sigh)
Shay : not he-is-damn-gorgeous kinda omg darling
Me : huh?? what do you mean?
Shay : this is omg-he's-a-gay kinda omg babe
Me : what!!!!!!!!
Shay : exactly. is he with that abg botak?
Me : yeah. how come i don't know anything about this? how did you know he's a gay? who is that abg botak exactly?
Shay : darling, is he wearing a purple t-shirt today?
Me : yes. so?
Shay : bingo!

I was totally confused by that time. So what if he's wearing a purple shirt? It doesn't mean anything, right?

Me : you have got to explain that one to me
Shay : baby, purple is the sort of official color for them! don't tell me you don't know this
Me : so i heard but i thought that was just a mean joke!
Shay : honey, life is a joke
Me : so he really is a gay?
Shay : sorry to disappoint you, babe but he is. that abg botak is his boyfriend
Me : purple means gay?
Shay : in the new world, yes

Ok, darlings, please do get me straight here. Now we are categorizing people with color? What happens to gender, age etc.? If I wear a purple dress will I be called a lesbian? On second thought, that didn't sound too bad. No, no! I am very straight, darlings, that the ruler is crooker than me. I have nothing against gay people, nothing. In fact, I have lots of friends who are gay. But the new definition of the color purple just got me puzzled. Don't you, darlings?

8 comments:

beezee~bee said...

n PURPLE happens 2 b my fav color!! lol.
m x sure its entirely true...but some gays do hv n inclinatin towards a particular color. my best fren's gay...he once told me dat a strait cant spot a gay @ a glance, but they can. i wonder how their instinct works ;p
p/s : tks 4 droppin by earlier & i 2 like wot i've seen so far ;p

Unknown said...

my bedroom is purple....hehehe
and i like to see...'laced purple lingeries' ......:P
errrkkk, is there some hidden thing abt me which i am not aware off....hahaha

idham

CityGirl said...

And my blog page is purple!

mirror me, I don't have that ability of spotting a gay at the first glance, nor at the second or the third glance. Simply said, you have to tell me you are gay or else I won't know. How do some people could spot a gay from a mile is beyond me.

idham, could there be more to you than meets the eye? Hehe

Lady Gargle said...

Hahahahahaha!

This is something new to me too. I never knew that purple is the official gay colour?

:)

Eriq Kontena said...

Didn't know that guys are color-coded nowadays.

But i guess it makes sense though. I'm straight & I wouldn't buy a purple shirt or wear one. So tak kena lah.

FairyGodmother said...

Waaaa! i like what i see!

the initial thought was "hey, pretty purple blog template! funky!"

then, i read about the purple thingy...

hmm...gay?!

lovely! we are colour coding people now. and if i say i like black, does that mean that i am a goth?!

CityGirl said...

frankensteina,it's new to me as well. I even heard years back that they are going to ban Teletubbies because the purple one looks gay-ish. I say, WTF?

eriq kontena, but isn't purple a nice colour?

fairygodmother, and what does pink makes me? Girly-girl? Hmmm...

Eriq Kontena said...

Yes city girl...purple is a nice colour.

Purple was the color of royalty in France dulu...Now purple is one of THE color of Fed Ex courier.

Go purple...tapi i wouldn't wanna wear purple color, tu je...hehe :o)