Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Goodbye lovah!


As I arrived to work yesterday morning, an IM popped on my monitor...

Shay : 911 reply asap
Me : it's 9 am
Shay : male A is getting married!!!!!!!
Me : i know babe
Shay : what! how? when???

Now, now, darlings. Before I even go on with this very female conversation, let me explain here that Male A is actually an ex. My ex boyfriend. We were together for about 3 years before going our own ways. Shay, meanwhile, is my bestfriend (not the one who fainted, mind you). Ok then, let us continue...

Me : remember that bachelor party arif went to? the one where the bride-to-be suddenly pops up?
Shay : no!!!!!
Me : yes darling
Shay : when did you know this?? how come you never tell???
Me : arif slipped it out during dinner 2 weeks ago
Shay : slipped it out?
Me : more like intentionally slipped it out as mom asked him about "the party"
Shay : so?
Me : so what?
Shay : dont you feel anything?
Me : babe, it has been 2 years. i moved on
Shay : really............
Me : like you dont know
Shay : remind me again what happened between you guys
Me : i found a la senza bra in his car which was not mine
Shay : oh yeah. a baby blue lacy bra which you set on fire in the office
Me : and don't forget, 2 cups bigger than mine
Shay : what was a bra doing in a car anyway?
Me : how do i know???
Shay : and so he's getting married
Me : he emailed me the invitation
Shay : what!!!!!!!!
Me : here. forwarded it to you
Shay : that s.o.b!!!
Me : recognize the bride-to-be?
Shay : omg!!! that's k******
Me : surprise surprise
Shay : wait! isn't that YOUR engagement ring on her finger???
Me : supposed to be. the ring didnt make it to my finger coz i found the bra 2 days before the proposal should take place
Shay : he's a creep but he surely got nice taste. that ring is smashing
Me : should i tell k****** about the ring? and the bra?
Shay : and make him pay?
Me : yeah
Shay : i'm always behind you babe

The next few hours were devoted between bitching about the ex and sympathizing the bride-to-be. The bride-to-be happens to be our schoolmate during secondary school. A sweet miss really but too much of a snob to be friend with us. The question now, darlings, is should I or should I not?

8 comments:

SayangMommy said...

Ouch bra that wasn't yours?

Good riddance I say to that! You deserve so much better than that :)

Hey thanks for linking me up. Will od the same :)

have a fantastic (if not better) week ahead.

SayangMommy said...

I mean can I link you up? Pffft! Wednesday so strange things to me *tee hee*

Lady Gargle said...

I say you lucky gal to not be the one marrying that scumbag :D

And what one heck of a frined you got there. Shay is a keeper ;)

You peeps have fun

CityGirl said...

Hi sayangmommy! I linked your blog to mine yesterday but maybe there's something wrong somewhere as it did not appear on my blog. Anyway, I like your blog, esp. the pics you put up in your blog. And thank you for linking me up. Have a fantastic week ahead too!

Hey frankensteina! Thank you for dropping by. Yeah, am so lucky I discovered about it. God loves me, it seems! And yes, Shay is one hell of a good friend.

Mrs. Alexis said...

See I keep on coming back? Now how do I react if am in ur shoes!

CityGirl said...

Indeed, girl interrupted, what am I going to do?

FairyGodmother said...

ooooooo....i know..i know!

do tell!!!! let him pay!

and you are actually doing a favour to the bride-to-be!

*rubs hands gleefully*

you are soooo my kinda gal!

CityGirl said...

fairygodmother, this story has a rather interesting continuation to it. Just stay tuned!